Casini Ranch Family Campground has been a family operated RV park and campground - open year round since 1965. It is set among beautiful hills and rests on a gentle meander of the Russian River just minutes from the Pacific Ocean in Sonoma County. One mile of river runs along this 110 acre part of the ranch offering campers a memorable camping experience.
Generations of Casini Family History
The Casini Family have lived on what is now Casini Ranch for six generations and have owned the land for three generations. In 1881 Bartolomeo and Anastasia Casini settled in the area around Duncan’s Mills, first living in the Freezeout area and then later living at the European Hotel in Duncan’s Mills after the bridge was washed out. Their son Paul Anthony Casini worked as the dairy manager on the land that is now Casini Ranch for the La Franchi family who at the time owned the dairy ranch. Over the period of 1928 to 1932 Paul Anthony Casini would buy out the La Franchi shares in the dairy and become the sole owner of what is now Casini Ranch. Over the next 33 years people visiting the area would express an interest in going to the river to fish. During this time Paul Anthony Casini or his son George would grant people access and allow them to go down to the river. In 1965 George Casini began the process of turning the 110 acre parcel bounded by the Russian River and Moscow Road into what is now Casini Ranch Family Campground.
Casini Ranch Family Campground is still owned by the Casini family. George's son, Paul Casini, is the chairman of the organization which oversees the day to day operations of the park.
Why we stand out as a vacation getaway
RV clubs, families and youth groups are regular guests at Casini Ranch, returning time and again to enjoy the relaxing atmosphere and scenic surroundings. Escape the summer's busy schedules and valley heat by lounging on the river with its cool coastal breeze, or come relax in the quiet serenity of the Sonoma County coastal hills during the off season away from summer vacationers.
Our facilities include:
- The Moscow General Store, a well stocked store for your convenience, complete with laundry facilities and video arcade.
- The Moscow Barn, a restored historic barn, is used as a recreation hall for clubs, groups and special events such as weddings and family reunions. The barn offers a large kitchen, dining hall/ meeting room, upstairs dance hall (the old hayloft) and a large outdoor patio (with plenty of table seating) to enjoy the summer sun.
- Restrooms with hot showers are located throughout the park. We have new ADA compliant bathrooms.
- Various watercraft, pedal cart, and golf cart rentals are available for you to enjoy in the park, or on our mile long beach amid the surrounding beauty of the Russian River.
Casini Ranch offers a variety of RV and tent sites, or rentals with various features:
- Many of our sites have spectacular views of the river, others are secluded in wooded pockets and clearings, while some are large and expansive where the entire family can gather together.
- If you are traveling with your RV club we offer a large, open rally area with rows of hookups.
- All of our sites include picnic tables and a fire pit.
- Our tent sites have water nearby.
- Our RV sites offer electricity with 30 amp service (some 50 amp sites coming in summer 2017), with water, sewer and CATV.
- We offer several RV rentals, and a couple of lovely new cottages. Perfect for a family gathering without the investment in a personal RV.
- For those who wish to keep in touch with the rest of the world we offer free Wi-Fi in various spots throughout the park.
Casini Ranch is located in a beautifully rural part of western Sonoma County surrounded by wooded hills and grass covered slopes, breathtaking redwood forests and the nearby rugged Sonoma coastline with its sandy beaches. The gentle and winding Russian River with its quaint river towns has been welcoming visitors for decades. You'll find some of the finest dining in the North Bay and acres and acres of famous vineyards and wineries. The river area hosts numerous events and activities at and around Casini Ranch. Try your hand at winter salmon and steelhead fishing or enjoy the famous abalone diving along the coast. You will find something for everyone to enjoy just minutes away.